Monday, February 9, 2015

More than Butterfly Basics HSSCC205

Pin It Now! Butterflies on a greeting card are always a good idea. They are ethereal, beautiful, miraculous, and delicate.

Butterfly Basics is the prettiest set out there now, and the matching Framelits make a pretty card light work!

Here, I have created my thank you card, borrowing the ink resist idea from Breelin, and CASEing the sketch from the Spring Occasions Mini pg. 27.  The colors for the challenge stumped me a little, because I don't have the Birthday Bash DSP that contains these colors.  So, I showcased each color on a die cut butterfly with Irresistably Yours DSP, sponging each one in a different color, and letting the emboss resist pattern do it's trick!  I like the way it turned out!
A couple of embellishments from the Artisan Embellishment kit anchors the center butterfly, and the "thank you" from Lotus Blossom is stamped on a tag die cut from the Curvy Keepsakes Box.  I wish I was one of those people that could stick to one stamp set, and not be allllll over the place with supplies.  But...I guess, if you got 'em, use 'em!

Inside...
My card is oversized at 4" x 6-1/2", so I handmade an envelope with the punch board.  Easy peasy, and how cute!

Hop on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and give this combo a try...I'd love to see what you're up to!

Have a blessed and creative day ~ Erika

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Butterfly Basics, Dictionary, Lotus Blossom
INK:  Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral
PAPER:  Irresistably Yours DSP (Sale-A-Bration 2015), Crumb Cake, Whisper White, In Color DSP Stack, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
EMBELLISHMENTS: Artisan Embellishment Kit (metal button, doily), white twine, sequin
BIG SHOT: Butterflies, Apothecary Accents, Curvy Keepsake Box (round tag) Thinlits Dies. 
OTHER: Envelope Punch Board, Sponges


3 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!!! I agree able this set- I love it!!! Love how you used the 3 colors one for each butterfly- very nice!!!
    Great accents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need to check out this ink resist idea. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete