Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Year's Eve Party Favors - Crackers & Blowers

Pin It Now! Who's in the mood to celebrate?  Has it been a banner year for you, or are you glad to see the new one coming?  Either way, you really ought to have some festive party favors to wave bye to the old or ring in the new.

Here are some easy favors.  I made these for my church friends and some family that I'll be celebrating with.

The party blowers are too cute, and were easy to make. And YES! They do curl back up when you blow them out!  Yay!  I learned to make them from good ol' Martha Stewart here.  I used her measurements.  But I did a few things differently which are:

* I used  paper straws purchased at Target dollar spot.  Didn't cover them with vellum as they suggest.  I wrapped mine with washi tape.  The glittered ones are first wrapped with Sticky Strip, then rolled in glitter.  (You probably don't want to blow on these.  I don't personally mind glitter lips, but that's just me.)

* I used washi tape instead of clear scotch tape to adhere the patterned paper into the long strip.

*  I used Sticky Strip to insert the straw into the paper curl.  NO drying time!

One great tip I learned was to keep them rubber banded tightly curled for 24 hours.  They'll definitely keep their curl better.  I used the tiny Rainbow Loom bands, and they looked kind of cute while I waited.
Then the party crackers!  I love these, they turned out rather elegant.  They'd make a nice 50, 60, etc. birthday party, man's party, or wedding favor. 
Want some measurements?
Inside roll of Typeset Specialty DSP 3-1/4" x 3-3/4"
Outer ring of DSP: 1-1/2" x 4"
Tissue paper - plain white. 10" x 3-3/4"
Fringe cut the edges with fringe scissors.
Ribbon trim 4"
Baker's twine 3" each side

The tag was cut from the circle flip card Framelits set, and the "Happy New Year" comes from retired Christmas Messages which is still available as a digital download!
Have a wonderful, safe, blessed New Year's.  I hope you're surrounded by people you love!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erika...Just wanted to tell you how much I love your party blowers and party crackers! They look so much nicer than the one's on the MS website!! I'm trying to make the blowers right now - hope they turn out as beautiful as yours. Thanks for sharing your ideas...Brenda

    ReplyDelete